Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy address for all who are searching!


Okay, all, the reason we haven't told you our new address before now is simple: We haven't known it before now. Pretty easy to explain, eh? But I just googled it, and now we know. Here it goes, (drumroll, please?):

Hegaustrasse 9
70469 Stuttgart
GERMANY

The picture on the right is the living room with the nice, new laminate floor that we really have to worship for a year. Graydon liked it the best--it's the only room he took a picture of! 

A quick word: In Germany they don't use checks. I think if we showed them a check they would laugh in our faces! Dieter said they haven't used them for about ten years. So, if you would like to send/give us money, please send it to Roger, Graydon's dad in Provo. He is part of our account and can just deposit the money right in! But we'd also like to hear from you! Because we love you! 

Let's see what else there is we can say about this week. I had a beautiful birthday party! Graydon missed his one day that he could miss so I didn't have to sleep all morning alone, and then we went downstairs and there were Gabi and Dieter eating breakfast, and my place at the table was all nicely lined with ivy vines and a beautiful rose! It was so special! They also had a present for me of chocolates, which Dieter said they chose because we could eat them and then be done, and we wouldn't have to pack them around everywhere. :)

Graydon also bought me an AWESOME basket that can accompany grandma's bag for when I go shopping! People use it for everything around here. And by everything, I mean EVERYTHING! They even fill it for church, for over-nighters, etc! And I wanted one so bad, so when I opened that  up it was awesome!

I've also been appeasing my deep desire for literature, and bought two books from the big Barnes and Noble here, entitled WITTWER, with the money that has been deposited by my wonderful Provo et al. family! Thank you! 

On Thursday night we went to IKEA! In Germany they pronounce it "ee-kay-uh," so at first I had a hard time figuring out what they were talking about, but it's great! We bought some carpets for the apartment, as well as two little tables and a small-tiny bookshelf for our books. We bought some couch pillows and a couple cheep blankets. We spent about 129 Euro, a lot better than we thought it would be! So now we're set (as far as we can tell), and can start moving in on Monday, if we can get the bed!

Graydon says, "We love you guys! Everybody get Skype so you can talk to us!" 

And we do love you! So much! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Aloysius P. said...

I am so thankful that there were people there for you for your birthday! Tell them all thank you for me! I hope it was a beautiful day with all kinds of beautiful people!!! I love you, too!!! Talk to you in the morning...