Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We Have Internet!

Yeah! Everyone, I expect a big applause! The Technician came yesterday, and I thought he would set the whole thing up, but he just plugged things in and made sure the right lights were flashing. Graydon and I had to actually set the thing up. And all of our instruction manuals were in German. But we did it! We now have a phone that is working, as well as internet that is working, as well as two pre-paid cell phones. :) Happy face.

Classes started a while back for Graydon, and are starting just this week for me. He is lucky and has just one language class that is five days a week, three hours per day. Maybe that isn't so lucky. :) I have five classes, one chemistry class in English and 4 German classes in German. Three of the classes are above my speaking level, so we will see if I can get by with them. I actually have no choice, I have to have at least 12 SWS credits to keep my scholarship here, even though only 6 of the credits are on my level. They don't cater much to kids who aren't already 100% fluent in the language, let's just say that. 

1 SWS credit: Study Hours/ week. One SWS = 45 min class/per week. 1 SWS = 1.5 ECTS credits, which is, I believe, what we run on in the states. At least that's what my packet told me!

Well, I will post pictures now, so this is short, but oh, well. We will be able to write more often now, anyways! Loves!

No comments: